ABOUT ME    CONTACT    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER    POLYVORE    BLOGLOVIN    FACEBOOK

26.1.12

Midnight Magic

25th Jan

Acne is one of my favourite labels, especially after Spring 2012 when colour blocking hit their runway in force. I love the way the fabrics are constructed in their pieces, and how easily they can be styled into different looks. So I was trawling through Net-A-Porter's New In page for today and came across this black silk Acne dress that looked like such a good day-to-night piece and could be a staple in any woman's wardrobe. Then I saw their beige suede biker jacket, and I now have it in my head that I need a jacket like this. Also they had this beautifully simple leather shoulder bag, perfect for those days when you don't need to carry much.

Next, I have always been an advocate of Topshop and I love it deep down in my heart, but at the current moment it has really fallen out of favour with me due to some problems with stock and quality of items I've been after. However, saying this, I did let out an 'ahh' when I saw this blue metallic skirt on their webbysite this morning. It looks so pretty for Spring, and is adding to their growing pastel collection.

I'm head over heels in love with Zara at the moment; there's a pair of printed trousers in there that I literally can't get out of my head. Also these black suede court shoe, and python trim city bag are high on my wish list. I would've bought the shoes but Zara really seem to have a problem with stocking sizes above 4, and I'm a giant 7. Not compatible. I did fall over the bag as well but I can't buy anymore bags. So I told my mother in my nicest voice that I would very much like it for my birthday.

In addition to this I want another copy of Elle's February issue because I want to cut it up and stick all the Spring editorials on my wall; there's about 14 pages of Chanel's gymnastic campaign at the start of the magazine, and despite my dislike of Saskia I really still love the images. Also this silver pendant is really cute and I need more jewellery as I never wear it. I got a sample of Clinique mascara (Boots have a mascara trade offer on at the moment, where you give in an old mascara and get a new Clinique sample), and it's great but the tube is small so it won't last long and I'd really like a proper one for when it does. Also, aren't those Marc Jacobs headphones just the cutest?

Loes x

P.S. Happy Birthday to my Grandaddy who is 85 today, and my cousin Nicola who turns 30! The birthday cake was beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. If only I could afford everything from Acne, my closet would be full and happy :)

    xo Lynzy
    www.sparklingfootsteps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, Acne makes the fashion world a better place x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that acne jacket is so lovely! really want the metallic skirt from topshop! xo

    http://unicorn-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is absolutely stunning! I just love the colour:) xx

    ReplyDelete