ABOUT ME    CONTACT    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER    POLYVORE    BLOGLOVIN    FACEBOOK

19.2.12

LFW Day One

PPQ
TL5

PPQ1

PPW2

The PPQ show opened with a leather short clad model wheeling a bicycle down the runway (they are currently collaborating with Rule Style Bikes). The show seemed to whizz through daywear, eveningwear, outerwear and more. I was slightly confused by the whole leather-knicker concept, but I liked the studded tights (handy for me as I can never tell which is the back and front of tights)and the black and white evening gown.

Basso & Brooke
B&B1

B&B2

The collection at Basso & Brooke seemed like a pattern explosion that took me a while to take in. It put me in mind of early Rodarte crossed with a Tavi-style charity shop (in a good way, they always have patterns), but these prints were Mattise inspired, embossed onto eye-catching materials. The collection as a whole seemed too much of a jumble, but kudos for the excellent knitwear.

Felder Felder
Fel1

felder2

Felder3

Felder4

The Felder Felder twins made a departure from their rock-inspired style this season, with a more grown up approach. The collection as a whole felt a little disjointed; a red evening gown was beautiful (possibly the best piece) but slightly abstract to the rest of the collection. I loved the slouchy knitwear, volcanic dresses and colour palette (mineral browns, reds, oranges and more). I liked the attempt at fringing and knit dresses (a la Mark Fast) but I don't think they were overly successful. The black dress though was very me.

Jean-Pierre Braganza
JPB1

JPB2

JPB3

JPB4

I tweeted during the show that Jean-Pierre Braganza had made me fall in love with the colour purple again. We also saw socks over boots here as we did at Victoria Beckham in New York. The first trio of jacquard pieces opened the show well, and were followed by a parade of purple (the striped purple print top, hareem pants, dresses and printed trousers were excellent). The volcanic print (also seen at Felder Felder) worked particularly well but the fit of the dresses on the models looked all wrong. But this didn't really matter when the last look hit the runway; the embellished skirt and jacket combo was the look of the day.

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment