ABOUT ME    CONTACT    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER    POLYVORE    BLOGLOVIN    FACEBOOK

27.2.12

Oscar Time

OS1

Octavia Spencer in Tadash Shoji / Mila Jovovich in Elie Saab

OS2

Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli Couture / Leslie Mann in Roberto Cavalli

OS3

Glenn Close in Zac Posen / Berenice Bejo in Elie Saab

So these are my favourites dresses from last night's Oscar festivities. There were a lot that could've potentially hit the mark big time (ROONEY WHY DID YOU NOT GET THAT GIVENCHY FITTED?!?!) but these were my besties.
Octavia Spencer has been dressing well this whole award season as far as I'm concerned, especially as a 'bigger woman' as she is constantly referred to. She looked beautiful and that dress was mesmerising.
Props to Emma Stone for daring to wear red with her hair colour; I thought she looked beautiful, and my friend's point that the bow looked stupid was quashed by my argument that 'it was Giambattista Valli Couture and therefore it was perfect'. I win, right?
Leslie Mann scored big points for wearing my one of my favourite red carpet colours, and the beading on the dress was lovely - I thought it was an excellent Oscar choice.
Glenn Close absolutely hit the mark in her Zac Posen number - there was a lot of talk about 'dressing for her age', which I hated as age doesn't mean you can't look nice. There was a lot of green around on the red carpet last night (points also to Maria Menounos for her beautiful forest green gown, and Missi Pyle for her eye-popping Valentino Delfino dress), but for me Glenn won the race.
And lastly, the Elie Saab gowns. In my mind Elie Saab is just perfect in every way and I love every dress he makes, but these two were particularly good. Mila's was bright, sparkly and glamorous in every way, whilst Berenice's was the definition of understated elegance. Thumbs up all round.

Also Gwennie's Tom Ford number was stunning but the cape was a no no. Jessica Chastain finally wore something I loved - McQueen. Stacey Keibler wore a lovely gold Marchesa dress which didn't get the greatest reaction, but I thought she looked out of this world. I adored Angelina's Versace Atelier gown but her pose was just too irritating to post. Again on the age appropriate topic, I think Shailene Woodley looked amazing in that Valentino Couture dress, and I'm sure if she'd have gone for an Angelinaesque piece they would've said it was 'too old' for her.

VF1

VF2

And then at the Vanity Fair party three of my red carpet favourites (plus Cammy D) went and pulled it out of the bag.
Diane Kruger looked picture perfect in Calvin Klein Collection, and added to all the red dresses worn (which is always a good thing).
Zoe Saldana stole my heart by wearing London favourite Marios Schwab.
Kate Bosworth was stunning in New York favourite Prabal Gurung (I actually hoped someone would wear this when I saw the show), and her and Michael Polish just looked so damn cute.
And lastly Cameron Diaz in her controversial orange Victoria Beckham dress. I happen to like a pop of orange now and then so this was a nice surprise. Despite looking a little strange in dresses these days with those arms, she pulled it of. Dare I say that she looked better than VB herself?

Who were your favourites on the Oscar Red Carpet?

Loes x

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment