ABOUT ME    CONTACT    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER    POLYVORE    BLOGLOVIN    FACEBOOK

28.11.13

COVENT GARDEN

4
  
Anyone who isn't yet feeling festive, I suggest you get yourselves down to Covent Garden pronto. All of the usual giant favourites (the reindeer, the candy canes, the baubles and the hugeeee tree) have made their return and they always make it feel like Christmas. 

5
10.1
The clever people from Lego have also been working hard to make 'miniature' models of London's landmarks for Christmas, including The Eye, The Shard, Big Ben and the Gherkin! I say miniature because they're still huge and must have taken so many hours to make. 

6

Also on today (and every Thursday) was the Covent Garden food market. You can smell the gorgeous food as soon as you step into the piazza and even though I didn't think I was hungry, the smells made my stomach rumble! There's so many different and interesting foods on the stalls including cakes, bread, sausages, burgers, olives and more; there's something for everyone. One day I'm going to go (and persuade a fellow foodie to join me) and see how much lovely food I can get for £20!

1.1

These guys from The Red Gingham Bakery make the most amazing cakes I have ever seen. This seven tier rainbow cake looked incredible and tasty, as did all the different fudge (which came in huge lumps), macaroons and cupcakes. I had to restrain myself as I could have happily spent all my money and time on this stall, but I'm seriously considering getting my birthday cake from these guys! Learn more about them on their Facebook page here.

3.1

I was peckish by this point though, and there was an obvious choice for what I would get. Covent Garden has recently become home to two Burger giants; Shake Shack (in the piazza) and Five Guys (on Long Acre) are both vying for the number one spot (though if you ask me, Shake Shack hold the top spot). 
So this stall selling organic burgers has big competition; a burger here cost me £6, which I thought was a little steep for a street vendor. However as soon as I took a bite into it, it became worth every single little penny. The meat was perfectly cooked, tender and juicy, and the cheese was perfectly melted on top. The lovely guys here even applied the sauces in perfect swirls. If you are a burger fan then I recommend you get yourself down to Covent Garden on a Thursday and try one of these beauties! 

8.1

We finished off the afternoon with Champagne afternoon tea at Browns; scones, sandwiches and cake on top of my burger made for once very full (but happy) stomach. After all the lights and a glass of fizz I am feeling well and truly in the Christmas spirit! 

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment